Monday, April 23, 2012

Is it Windy in Here or What?

Vacation Day 11

We wrapped up our last full day in California by doing some fun stuff. If you don't already know, Joe has been skydiving for a couple of years so he thought he'd go to iFly SF in Union City, and get a little practice. It's a big wind tunnel where you can simulate skydiving. He and the kids first tried this in 2008 when the family vacationed in Florida. I guess he was hooked. He's been to a few wind tunnels since. I love watching what the wind does to his face. You'll see what I mean when you look at the pictures below. He had a good time and got some coaching.

From there we went to Fairfield, California to the Jelly Belly Factory. They have free tours and samples! It was interesting and they even gave us each a small bag of Jelly Belly's to take home. Of course we couldn't leave with just that. I didn't realize the company makes so much candy and they even have a distribution center in Pleasantville, Wisconsin. Who knew??

We had an early supper and went back to the hotel early so we could clean out the rental car and pack our luggage. We leave California tomorrow morning at 10:45am.

This is probably going to be my last vacation blog post unless I take some interesting pics on the return flight. I hope you've enjoyed reading about our travels and looking and the hundreds of pictures I've taken. It's been fun and it's also a great way to remember our vacation later.

Stay tuned.

 Another interesting bridge

 Wind Tunnel
 Joe waiting for his turn


 Chuck coaching Joe

 120 MPH
 Look Mom, no hands






 This has to be my favorite picture. I'm sure his skin didn't flap that much 4 years ago.....

 I watched this guy go through the dumpster at the gas station
 Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, California
 Fancy bike





Joe's pride and joy, A discount card to BevMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment